Progress, of a Sort


All the physical therapy I've been doing this summer has at least marginally paid off: I've gone for three runs in the last week and a half.

Okay, that statement is kind of misleading. When I say "runs," I mean "10 minute bouts of exercise featuring alternating walking and running." Which is still more than I've done in far too long. And the most excellent part of this? No back pain immediately after!

Unfortunately, I am still getting teh painz of DOOM - they just happen when I've been lifting things. Like books. Oh wait - that's my job. Awesome.

One of the more delightful moments in PT happened this morning, when the therapist was examining my spine. "Well, that's interesting," he said suddenly.

(That's the phrase that's second most likely to mean something bad, directly behind "Whoops!" You don't want to hear either of these from your doctor, dentist, or waiter.)

Luckily, the items causing the "interesting" feature of my spine were mostly corrected by the time I left, but he still needs to "confer with his colleagues" about it. I am not reassured.

The upside of all this is that I wasn't told to stop running, and I was even encouraged to step it up, if I can.

Yeah. We'll see about that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sally Anns and a Can of Spam

The Beatles' Help! Scarf

Data in Social Science