A Pile of Yarn-y Goodness

It's the start of the most wonderful time of the year! No, not Christmas (not yet, anyway) - I'm talking autumn! That wonderful time when we get to pull out the sweaters, enjoy a cup of hot cider, and wear our favorite slippers. I love it.

What I especially love are fall crafts. It's the perfect time to pull that wool close to you and watch the leaves fly outside, while ensconced in your favorite cozy chair. I always start too many projects at this time of year.

Fall Breeze Shawl by Denise Twum 

Imagine this one in an orange-red yarn - or even a variegated one with lots of fall colors!

Fall coasters by Melissa Hill

These little crocheted coasters are adorable, plus they're a quick, easy gift! If it was me, I'd make the leaves all different shades of fall - light green, red, orange, and yellow, all in one set.

Tibetan Clouds Beaded Stole by Sivia Harding

I've wanted to make this one for ages now. Maybe this is the year! Look at all the tiny details - the stole is knit in a square, then the sides are knit outward from that. It looks like autumn, just in the pattern itself. It could be made in any color and still look like fall.

 Autumn Leaves by Linda Permann

These would be great to reuse every year. Imagine them hanging from a string of orange Halloween lights - and made with metallic yarn! I think I know what my next project will be.

Entrelac Scarf by Allison LoCicero

Entrelac looks so warm to me. It's just an illusion of woven strips of fabric, but I've certainly fallen for it. I managed to figure it out a little bit one day, experimenting with a dishcloth, but I'd like to find out if I'm doing it right. Oh look - a tutorial. Awesome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sally Anns and a Can of Spam

The Beatles' Help! Scarf

Data in Social Science