A Monday Free of Close Proximity to Crime Scenes, Unlike My Weekend

Today, I have a lot to work on. I have an apartment application to fill out, cookies to bake, a cake to bake, a care package to send, a doctor to inquire after, CDs to return to the library, a budget to balance, a scarf to work on, a novel to work on, a kitchen to clean, wine to buy, and tomato sauce to make. (The last two are directly related.)

I also have the incredible goals of buying a spatula and taking a bath, though not at the same time.

I'll be amazed if I accomplish even half of those things - I have a terrible tendency to make an extensive, unreachable to-do list for my days off, which leaves me feeling half accomplished and very tired. That, or I give up after the first two are crossed off because the tasks ahead are too daunting.

But not today. I can feel the days speeding up as we approach the end of our lease, and it's time to start getting ready for the next part of our lives, whatever that might entail. The crisp weather delights me, but also worries me - what if we're not packed up in time? What if we don't get the place we want, and end up having to pick something of ghetto-tastic proportions? What if the first snow hits and I still haven't fixed the boots I bought last year?

This is a day to focus on where I am, though, not on the many detours my life could take in the near future. I will accomplish all of these things on my list, and I will do them with panache.

Which is why I'm sharing this picture of a crocheted car. Because delaying the inevitable is a big part of my panache.

Knit and crocheted car covers

ALSO: Today's XKCD accidentally relates to my extravagant list for the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sally Anns and a Can of Spam

The Beatles' Help! Scarf

Data in Social Science