All You Need is Imagination

After seeing Love by Cirque du Soleil a couple of weeks ago (I promise, this might be the last time I mention it here), I felt really inspired. That's my favorite thing about the good art of others, no matter the medium: really good art inspires others to do good art, too. (Sometimes bad art does that too, but I'm focusing on the good stuff right now.)

I have a couple of specific future projects in mind. One is a Help! scarf.


I've been trying to think of a way to distinguish it from a Where's Waldo scarf, and the best I can come up with is adding Beatles silhouettes on the white part of the scarf.


I also want to make some cross stitches, featuring Beatles lyrics and psychedelic patterns. While I haven't found anything like my particular vision out there, I have found some amazing Beatles-related artwork.


Look at the detail! And look at Ringo's afro!


This Beatles cross stitch site has some fun stuff, but I like this All You Need is Love one most.

This "babymania" baby shower has lots of fun detail - including a menu that plays off of different songs (I am the eggman salad sandwich and Sgt. Pepper-oni pizza). And this Craftster list has a ton of Beatles-themed crafts, including bags, bras, and an awesome mosaic plaque.

Now for the fun part: the crafting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sally Anns and a Can of Spam

The Beatles' Help! Scarf

Data in Social Science