1. Going to the library. I picked up The Poisonwood Bible, the graphic novel version of Neverwhere, a book on card making, and a book on modular knitting - how to knit without a pattern. I've only looked at the card and knitting books so far, and they're both awesome. Side note: I asked the librarian for graphic novels, and she took me to the manga. There's a noticeable difference there, Librarian.
2. Having two interviews in one week. Sure, the one I had yesterday was a very low-paying thing, but it's still potential money being dangled in front of my nose. I have another Friday morning at a different place!
3. Those times when I feel like what I've made for dinner is going to fail, but it still tastes good. Last night was Thai Peanut Noodles - without peanuts, and with peas that were supposed to be shelled. Whoops. (The last ones we got didn't need to be.) We just stripped out the innards and it was still delicious.
4. Spousal Unit's love letters from when he was in France. He had an 11-hour layover in London, with no internet and no way to plug in his computer, so he wrote to me. A lot. They're very sweet, piney letters. I love Spousal Unit.
5. Rain. Even if I didn't sleep well last night, I'm glad it was in part because of glorious rain falling outside. Everything is so much brighter and smells better after a rainstorm. To quote e. e. cummings, "it's spring when the world is puddle-wonderful." Even if it's not actually spring, you get that feeling on mornings like this.
6. Dark chocolate. Yesterday I grabbed a Hershey's extra dark with cranberries, blueberries, and almonds in it, and it is amazing. That little bit of tart in it is perfect.
7. Being really close to done on a knitting project. Remember when I talked about making lace? Yeah, it's actually almost done now, as opposed to sort of almost done.
8. Living with friends who are miraculously not sick of us yet, after almost two months. It's nice to have other people around at the end of the day, for talking and hanging out and watching things like Frisky Dingo (by the creators of Archer).