Wispy-Fun Scarf Action: Now With More Moon!

A couple of weeks ago, my sister had a birthday. I'd seen her wearing wispy little decorative scarves earlier in the summer - you know, back when you didn't want to wear nothing everywhere you went. And I thought to myself, hey, I could totally make her one of those.

So I did.


This is made with one of the earliest knitting patterns I memorized, a simple yarn over, knit two together. Then I weaved multicolored eyelash yarn through the holes. Simple, elegant, fun.


My most recent project is kind of an exercise in new techniques. The pattern is simple enough - something from my invaluable Knitting Stitch Bible.

(If you care at all, the pattern is called "Lace Wheels," though if anyone ever tried to use wheels shaped like this, they'd get called stupid pretty quickly.)


The new-to-me technique I want to use is to pick up stitches all the way around this scarf, once it's done, and knit frills for it in a different color - like green or orange. The edges will look similar to A Day in Venice, another beautiful shawl I want to make.


And just for fun, here's the view of the capitol from last night, when I accidentally walked the legs of the triangle rather than the hypotenuse to get home.


At least they were a nice pair of legs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sally Anns and a Can of Spam

The Beatles' Help! Scarf

Data in Social Science