Fixing a (Word) Hole

I've at last completed number 13 on my list of 25 things to do before my birthday in October: finish a crossword puzzle.

The proof is in the... picture...

My original goal was to complete one entirely alone, without outside help from any persons or internets. But I realized most people get at least a little help from someone while completing these, so I gave myself some slack and accepted Spousal Unit's help when I needed it.

He may tell you that he completed up to half of the crossword for me. This is what we call lying, kids, and it's a very bad thing to do. I finished half the crossword before I even asked for his help, and even then, I didn't really need it. As we all know, I don't really need help. I just like the strangulatory hug a strait jacket gives me.

Anyway. Most of the reason I was able to finish this was because of the theme: Beatles songs turned into horrible insect puns, such as Ant Buy Me Love, I Bee Mine, and Cricket to Ride. Usually, the long, punny ones are what keep me from completing crosswords - now I know they're all just terrible, overreaching jokes with neither shame nor self-respect.

That should help next time I want to do a crossword. Which might be never.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sally Anns and a Can of Spam

The Beatles' Help! Scarf

Data in Social Science