I See the Moon and the Moon Sees Me

I've found some awesome stuff covered with my signature items lately: stars and the moon. (Or moons, I'm not picky.) For some reason, those were the things I chose when I was little, as representative of myself. Might have had something to do with the phrase my mom and I always said to each other: "I love you to the moon and stars and back home again."


There are some amazing teapots out there with a stars and moon theme. I'm not sure which of these is my favorite.


Look at the cool spout! And the moon handle! I love the idea of catching stars with a net.


From Vermont Pottery Works (some very cool stuff!)

I guess I'm not entirely sure where the tea comes out on this one, but supposedly it does! I'd worry about breaking the delicate handle, though.

I also found a moon dessert!


Wait a minute... That's no moon. That's a cake station! (Sorry - I couldn't resist!)

Cute knitted moon and stars!


They're throw pillows! I'd feel like I had to make at least three stars to go with each moon, though.

I've been considering getting some sort of shooting star tattoo for many years now. The idea is the same: a shooting star made of other stars, with swoops of movement here and there.


The thing that always changes is where I want to get it. Most recently, I wanted it on my left ring finger (ouch, I know). But now I'm considering another idea for this tattoo, in addition to the shooting star. One of my favorite quotes is from Neil Gaiman's The Sandman. A character has been dreaming of falling and knows of only two possibilities when you fall in dreams. But Dream of the Endless knows a third.

Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes when you fall, you fly.

Comments

  1. I like your body art design. One of my friend want to have Moon & Star Tattoos. I will recommend your site. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sally Anns and a Can of Spam

The Beatles' Help! Scarf

Data in Social Science