My Snooperhero

For as long as I can remember, Snoopy has been my favorite thing in the world.


The little snow globe on the left has been my writing inspiration since... pretty much always. When I'm having trouble with words, looking at it helps somehow. On the right is my present from Spousal Unit this Christmas: a perpetual Snoopy calendar that says, "Happiness is a new day." I love my little Snoopy collection.

Why is he my favorite? Well, he can do pretty much everything. He's a writer.



He's a scout leader - a beagle scout, if you will.



He's the Easter beagle.


He's a World War I flying ace, chasing down the Red Baron.

He's always cool.


And, of course, he can dance like nobody's watching - everyone else is just pretending.



I try to be like Snoopy all the time. Sometimes it's hard, because (let's face it) Snoopy just has a lot more experience than I do at being everything he wants, all the time. But he's one of the best role models a person could have.

He's bold. He doesn't care what others are doing - he does what he wants, even if it means striking out on his own. He's adventurous, imaginative, devious, energetic, and willing. Even if he fails or gets embarrassed, it doesn't keep him from trying again. And he knows that friendship and love are two of the most important things in the world.

If there were more people like Snoopy in the world, the world would be a happier place, and we'd get a lot more done... maybe. Because we'd have a lot more spontaneous dance parties, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sally Anns and a Can of Spam

The Beatles' Help! Scarf

Data in Social Science