Making Christmas

On December 1, Spousal Unit and I put up our tiny little Christmas tree.



The tree topper (at least for this year) is composed of our wedding cake toppers, which I purchased on Etsy. They are Ashitaka and San, from Princess Mononoke. Most adorable cake toppers/ornaments ever.



This is a German decoration, called a Sternelicht, or "star light." It's all paper, with decorative holes cut out and lined with red tissue paper. You put lights inside it, and it glows beautifully.


I have to pull out my German dictionary and make sure I read the directions correctly, or else I may burn down the apartment. And I think that would be frowned upon.



Not all of the decorations are up yet, but home feels a little more Christmasy every day.

Comments

  1. I especially like that all you girls got a star so you will think of each other when you see it. Also, I noticed the pic behind the penguin and bear. Love!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sally Anns and a Can of Spam

The Beatles' Help! Scarf

Data in Social Science