25 Things to Do Before 28

My birthday this year has come and gone. My list of 25 things to do before turning 27 was pathetically attempted and has even become lost in the shuffle of living in a place not my own. I have a mention of it on my blog, here, which discusses the things I attempted and did not accomplish, as of June.

I still have not accomplished any of them. I feel kind of pathetic.

I'd love to give you a recap of the goals I achieved, as my friend Sandy does on her blog, but seeing as I lost the paper I wrote them on (which was a piece of scrap paper), I cannot do that. Wedding stuff was on there, along with seeing my childhood friend again for the first time in 18 years at the wedding. Beyond that, I do not recall. I'll let you know if I find that piece of mischievous paper again.

The whole point of doing a list like this is to keep things exciting, to be bold about life when I might otherwise not be, and to keep challenging myself. Also, to remember to do the things I want, rather than not writing it down and forgetting I wanted to do it when the time comes. This list keeps my goals at the front of my mind.


It is with that in mind that I create my list of 25 things to do before I turn 28. As usual, I'll carry over the things I didn't accomplish which I'd still like to do.

1. Take a creative class - painting, writing, etc.
2. Take kendo lessons, at least one class
3. Start sewing afghan squares together (this is the third year that damn afghan is on my list...)
4. Make another shawl for myself, in a fiber I don't have a shawl of yet (cotton is a possibility - preferrably a cape-like shawl)
5. Make sushi
6. Freakin' exercise regularly, in some way
7. Have a tea party in our new apartment, when we get one
8. Make or trade for all of the Christmas presents I give
9. Focus on poetry again (reading and writing)
10. Publish a poem/short story
11. Get my own tea set
12. Cook/bake something unusual that takes extra effort - perhaps a souffle?
13. Complete a crossword puzzle on my own (I'm really bad at those)
14. Get a bike
15. Get my orange skirt, so I have a skirt rainbow at last
16. Volunteer somewhere - maybe the children's museum
17. Take Spousal Unit to Mall of America, as he's never been there
18. Read The Reader in German
19. Move into our apartment that we don't have yet, on or before December 1
20. Buy a mattress. You know, for sleeping. Beause we don't have one.
21. Have regular date nights with Spousal Unit again. Even if it's just going for a walk.
22. Finish a second draft of my novel. Maybe a third.
23. Apply for that writing program I'm interested in
24. Read a book about quantum physics. Just for funsies.
25. Continue to write my blog. (o hai, i are doin it nao)

I may revise this in the future. I have a tendency to put some things on my lists that are much more difficult than I anticipate. It could possibly be really hard to do two edits of my novel in one year. We'll see.

Suggestions to help me accomplish this massive list are exceedingly welcome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sally Anns and a Can of Spam

The Beatles' Help! Scarf

Data in Social Science