Apartment Hunting (with Bow and Arrow)

I'm going to do something rather grown-up today: I'm going to look at, and possibly purchase, an apartment.

(By purchase I of course mean rent, because it would be silly of me to buy an apartment.)

I'm a bit nervous. I've made a list of the questions I need to ask, but I wonder about all the things I'm going to miss, too. What if it turns out there's a HUGE roach infestation, like the place we were at in New Mexico? What if the water pipes suck and instead of any water pressure in the shower we just get a gentle rain? What if our new neighbors turn out to be Turkeyneck and Chickenfoot? What if the guy showing the place turns out to be a jerk and a vampire? Double-whammy of bad luck, that would be.

A friend of ours arranged the last place Spousal Unit and I had. There was no looking at the place; we were suddenly living there and everything was hunky dory.

We have a bit more of a hand in choosing this place (by that I mean it's entirely up to us). Spousal Unit is working this morning, which means if I like the place, it's up to me to take it or leave it. Apartment hunting appears to be kind of cutthroat around here, and there are two showings of this place later today. I feel like if we're going to have a shot at it, I have to offer for it while I'm there.

That said, I've seen other places for better prices, including more parking, more space, etc. But I haven't seen many like that. This could be one of our best bets.

I just don't want to live next door to a flock of fowl.

Comments

  1. Good luck! I hope its a keeper. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that there is an Invader Zim Wiki! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sally Anns and a Can of Spam

The Beatles' Help! Scarf

Data in Social Science