My Mission: Going, in a Bold Manner

Can I just say how much I love waking up here? This morning the sky is grey and leaking, the breeze is as close to frigid as summer gets. I sit here wrapped in a blanket, drinking my favorite tea, as birds chitter in the verdant trees. I am constantly in awe of all the life that surrounds me.

In other news, I've been looking over my list of things to do before my next birthday, which I never actually finished writing. I have 21 items on my list that should number 25. But I've accomplished two more things in the last couple of weeks: one was to get paid for something I wrote or made. I sold a shawl to a friend for $20. Yay! The other thing I accomplished was moving. Though maybe I shouldn't actually count that one till we have a place to live... nah. I deserve the credit now.

There are two things on my list which I will not accomplish, whose opportunity has come and gone - November's NaNoWriMo and the subsequent Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award submission. These goals were usurped by the enormity of wedding planning; I did not feel like being the legitimate kind of crazy after all that started.

Things left on my list, that I'm likely to accomplish:


Write weekly (doin' it now)

Learn some Korean

Take a creative class

Finish afghan by August (hey, I'll need something to do when Spousal Unit's in France)

Consolidate student loans

Make socks for myself

Make sushi



These are all things I can reasonably do before my birthday in October. The following are things that, realistically, I probably won't get around to doing:



Keep running/belly dancing - I haven't been doing this regularly so far, so unless some miracle happens to get me back into it, it's likely I'll continue getting my exercise through housework. And fits of insanity.

Finish Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell - This is a wonderful book, and I've really enjoyed the first half of it. But honestly, it's written after 18th century novels, it's very long, and while I would like to know what happens, I get the gist of it. Also, I don't know where it is right now...

Get my tattoo - This is a maybe. I'm pretty set on the design, but the location has been wavering a bit lately. We'll see how I feel about it once I have a job again. And how I feel about pain.

Run 10 miles at once - heh. See the first item on this list.


I ought to complete this list with things I could likely accomplish. But I also enjoy challenging myself. I've got quite a bit of challenge on my plate anyway, what with the job searching and needing a place to live.

But I also need something to look forward to on the other side of all this madness. And so, one additional thing for my list is: Have a tea party with a real tea pot in our new apartment. This requires me getting a job, so I can finally buy myself the tea set I've been wanting for the last umpteen years, and an apartment in which to use it.

I need three more goals, and I'm open to suggestions. Ready? Go.

Comments

  1. For the tattoo, I suggest the shoulder blade-area. You can easily cover that spot.

    I know you have tons of hobbies already… but… I think that you might like hula-hooping. It sort of parallels belly dancing.

    Good luck !!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The place I had in mind for the tattoo was my left ring finger - the one that doesn't bend at the last knuckle. Then I thought maybe the side of my hand, by the pinkie. Then I thought maybe behind my ear... But I think I like it on my hand. If I'm going to get one, I want to be able to see it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in full support of your goal to run. You can do it! And if you need motivatin, I've loved having an account on Daily Mile (www.dailymile.com) while I do my training. :)

    As far as other goals...ummm...visit Sandy?? ;) Or perhaps exploring Madison's local yarn shops? Ooo, and spend a day at Vilas Park and the zoo! Wait, I feel like my suggestions are turning into a list of things you should do in Madison...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sally Anns and a Can of Spam

The Beatles' Help! Scarf

Data in Social Science