Costumes Done Right

Halloween has gotten pretty ridiculous in some ways. (To be fair, so has Christmas.)

Chuck & Beans

I've been over the Drool-Inducing Costume of Uncreative Idiocy since before it started. Now, it's almost impossible to find a prepackaged women's costume that isn't focused on getting laid as quickly as possible. We all get it: sexy mummy, sexy Mad Hatter, and sexy pizza are all a thing (NSFW links, duh). Try a different adjective; you're starting to sound like a bad romance novel.

This is one of many reasons I prefer to craft my own costumes. I've always really enjoyed pushing boundaries and pretending to be someone I'm not. For example, these are some of my previous costumes.

Tigger
A hobo boy
Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull
Bonnie Parker of Bonnie and Clyde

Sure, baring it all is bold and sassy. But I think it's bolder to think outside the conventional and be true to your inner badass.

That's why I'm Freddie Mercury this Halloween.


We're all a little bit Freddie at heart, I think.


P.S. For fun: terrible sexy literary costumes to try!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sally Anns and a Can of Spam

The Beatles' Help! Scarf

Data in Social Science