NaNo Fail


I failed pretty severely at NaNoWriMo this month, and I've therefore failed at goal number 7 - finishing the novel by the end of the year. Yes, I still have a month left. But if November was any indication, I'll get a maximum of 2,691 words written next month. Which is not anywhere near enough to finish the whole novel.

I'm disappointed, but I'm also trying to be lenient on myself. Many of those days were spent on out-of-town ventures, and shortly after the New Mexico trip, I was run over by the depression train. It faded into the distance after a week, but I'm in recovery, which means I still feel the pain of it in one or two ways. The last phase of depression is clinging to me in the form of novel apathy.

I have no doubt that I'll pick it up again; I'm in the exciting part of the novel, and I have faith in the storyline. I just have to get back the part of me that cares about those things. It will come when I'm ready, but these things take time.

For now, I'm practicing patience and self-esteem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sally Anns and a Can of Spam

The Beatles' Help! Scarf

Data in Social Science