The Great American (Science Fiction and Fantasy and Zombie) Novel


It's the beginning of NaNoWriMo. Over the course of the next month, I plan to spend every day writing my novel. I'm not tackling NaNo with my past intensity, though; my goal here is to finish the book. I don't think I'll need 50,000 words for that, and I don't want to rewrite all of them. So I'm taking the time to do it right - or if not right, at least better than I might otherwise.

Yesterday on my lunch break, I wrote 313 words. Today, I'll have to get those words in before work, as there's a staff lunch today and I'm required to be social. With people. People I don't know, congregated in a large group, who will force me against the wall to blend in with the half-redecorated decor. (Seriously - half the building has wallpaper and dark accents, the other half has green paint and light accents.)

But that's the lunch time concern. Right now, my concern is getting out at least 300 words before 8 a.m.. At 8, I turn into a pumpkin. One who needs to get ready for work.

In the meantime: zombie world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sally Anns and a Can of Spam

The Beatles' Help! Scarf

Data in Social Science