Food, Glorious Food

I'm sure everyone will be shocked to learn that this Thanksgiving weekend was overflowing with delicious food. But let me tell you about it anyway.

Spousal Unit and I hung out at home for Thanksgiving dinner. For the main course, I made black beans and greens with cream sauce, served over barley.

Spousal Unit and I love twice-baked potatoes, but I only had sweet potatoes in the house. So I made twice-baked sweet potatoes, which are now a Thanksgiving staple. I added cream cheese, ginger, cinnamon, and a pinch of brown sugar.

For dessert, we had rømmegrøt. You remember rømmegrøt, don't you? I just mentioned it a couple of days ago.

It was smooth and creamy, and cooked to perfection: the best batch I've ever made. I was on the phone with my grandma while I made it, so that must have been the trick!

I also made a pumpkin cream cheese roll for dessert the next day. Spousal Unit's parent came up to see our new place, so we had our Thanksgiving with people on Friday night, and ate our dessert first.



Then on Saturday, we had friends over. I made one of my better batches of pizza, and for breakfast the next morning, we had pumpkin cinnamon roll pancakes, introduced to me by another friend, Finnley.


(You can't really see it in this shot, but they do have a swirl of cinnamon on top - I'll make it thicker next time.)

As if that wasn't enough food for one weekend, Spousal Unit and I wandered down State Street on Sunday and hit up The Old Fashioned on the square. We had fried cheese curds with tiger blue dressing - meaning horseradish with blue cheese - and I had their only vegetarian sandwich on the menu, with eggplant and sweet red pepper. Even though I've been craving a veggie burger patty for weeks, it was still a really good sandwich.


I think we'll be having salad for dinner tonight.


Comments

  1. It all looks very wonderful. The table is so pretty. Love the china. The rommegrot looks yummy. Very good job. And yes, I believe grandma is the trick to making anything.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sally Anns and a Can of Spam

The Beatles' Help! Scarf

Data in Social Science