Extended Crazy

Going Slightly Mad - Queen

In the last few days, I feel like I've gotten a little crazier than usual.

I've been researching viruses for the last several days, trying to understand them better so that I can write about them. The problem is, science was never my strong suit. I adore it beyond all reason, but I never got better than a B in most of my science classes. Another issue is probably in my methods - skipping from Wiki to Wiki in search of authentic sources in the reference list is a little ridiculous. I need to check out some books.

My 40-hour work weeks have begun. Before this I was doing 35 a week, and that was full time. But the Mighty Overlords have put their backs into our floggings, and now I spend less time sleeping and more commuting during rush hour. I hate driving in the city. People are idiotic behind the wheel. I do still love my job - I just didn't want to spend extra time loving it.

Family matters are ... complicated right now. So I've alternated between freaking out, general worrying, fits of anger, and tears. It is exhausting. This too shall pass, like everything does, but due to the circumstances, I'm not eager for that, either.

I woke up with a wrenching charley horse in my calf this morning. Not a good way to start the day.

All of this has led to my slightly altered mental state, mostly due to lack of proper sleep. I feel like I might break out in show tunes or start quoting the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition at any moment. My coworkers, for the most part, are serious, work-oriented non-geeks, which is just no fun.

All I'm saying is, don't be surprised if I show up at my grandpa's birthday party on Saturday dressed like a Wookie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sally Anns and a Can of Spam

The Beatles' Help! Scarf

Data in Social Science