Letter from the Governor and a Senator

Remember that letter I wrote to Governor Walker? Well, I actually sent it to him, and I received a reply, too. It was something along the lines of, "Thanks for taking an interest in government. You should keep doing that, even though I really don't care what you think and am never, ever, ever going to actually read what you send me. After all, I'm just here to turn Wisconsin into the northernmost Southern state."

That might be an exaggeration. But it was definitely a form letter that is sent out to anyone and everyone who sends him letters. I realize he can't reply personally to everyone, but he could at least have that form letter tailored to certain issues.

Yesterday, I got a letter from Senator Jon Erpenbach.


Sure, this may also have been a form letter, but it was a form letter tailored to the issue of mandated ultrasounds and the bitch slap Planned Parenthood received.

I haven't followed senators or representatives that closely in the past (or at all, actually), but color me impressed by this guy. His letter makes a lot of good points, some of which I was unaware - I encourage you to click to enlarge it and read the whole thing.

Comments

  1. You might want to cover up your address...Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sally Anns and a Can of Spam

The Beatles' Help! Scarf

Data in Social Science