Happy Music to Combat the Crabby Blues

I recently added more music to my happy music playlist and discovered something amazing: a lot of songs from the '60s and '70s era are really happy.

Okay. Maybe it's not that amazing. But they're songs I hadn't given too much thought before - such as My Girl.


I've been going through a weird kind of slump lately - instead of just feeling depressed, I've been way too crabby for no good reason. This has resulted in the same kind of scenario as depression by itself does: I decide to stay away from people for their own good (though Spousal Unit's been the only one to suffer my ire; thanks for putting up with me, love).

I've been doing my best to combat that by hanging out with people anyway; the feeling fades for a while, but then returns. So I've been making an effort to turn off the news and turn on the happy music more often. It doesn't solve the problem, but it does give me a dose of happy, for however brief a time.

I Feel Good - James Brown


I Can See Clearly Now - Johnny Nash

Downtown - Petula Clark


Under the Boardwalk - The Drifters

Down on the Corner - Credence Clearwater Revival

Dear Prudence - The Beatles


And a few bonuses, from a different era:

Don't Stop Me Now - Queen


Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves

It's Your Thing - The Isley Brothers

Everybody - Ingrid Michaelson


Visit this earlier post for more happy music and ways to fight the blues.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sally Anns and a Can of Spam

The Beatles' Help! Scarf

Data in Social Science