Harvest: Draft 3

My novel is complete.

I have completely finished the most recent draft, meaning I have a book that can be read from beginning to end. It's still not pretty and still needs a lot of work, but this step is complete. For about two months, I worked on it nearly every day, writing about 400 words (a little more than one page) during my lunch hour at work. This is goal 7 of my 25 things.

This has resulted in a total of 331 pages and 91,848 words. I'm very impressed with me.

The next step is to reread the whole thing, then start draft 4. There are one or two sections that need to be added, several scenes to rewrite, and continuity to check for. I also want to revamp some characters. So much work to be done, but after about 30 pages, I can already see what the main problems are, so that's kind of nice.

The main thing I'm worried about is my writing overall. I've improved so much while finishing the ending, and I'm afraid that by writing so much less right now, I'll lose that skill and have to start from Ground Zero all over again.

But that's why I started this blog in the first place: to whip my writing skills in tip-top shape for the sake of my book and to get in the habit of writing daily.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sally Anns and a Can of Spam

The Beatles' Help! Scarf

Data in Social Science