The Original Crankster

I am incredibly cranky this morning, and I'm pretty much never cranky when I wake up.

Maybe it was Spousal Unit's NPR, waking me up 45 minutes before I like to get out of bed. Maybe it was the downstairs neighbor's bathroom fan, which is broken and rattles like a herd of elephants stampeding during an earthquake, and is always turned on in that morning moment when you're half awake and trying to go back to sleep. Maybe it's the low-grade headache I've had since then, which, if it doesn't go away soon, will likely get worse. Maybe it's having to work my third closing shift in this week when I only have one day off, meaning I get a total of two hours with Spousal Unit tonight before bedtime - and no dinner with him. Maybe it's knowing I have to work all weekend, too.

Whatever the reason, I'm in the mood to pillage, burn, and kick flowers today. I should probably fix that before I go to work, or before 5:00 I'll be muttering about a stapler as I stalk away from a burning building. I'm off to engage in happy activities, and I refuse to do any cleaning or responsible stuff this morning.

On a positive note, here are some fun things I did yesterday. I will think about them often as I remedy the horrible muck monster that is my personality right now.

Lilac Blossom 14.5 oz. 3-Wick Candle - Slatkin & Co. - Bath & Body Works

I bought a lilac candle. It's perfect. It smells the way lilacs smell outside, when the breeze is wafting the scent here and there and you catch a hint of it before you even see where it's coming from. You know how when you bring them inside, they smell so strong you almost can't stand it? Not happening with this candle. Lilacs are my favorite, and I always wish they lasted longer. Now they kind of can. I might have to go back and buy ten more.


I made sushi for the first time. They had too much rice and not enough fun stuff in the middle, but they held together like they're supposed to and weren't all that difficult to assemble. This batch consisted of carrot, red pepper, and zucchini in the middle; maybe the next batch will have avocado...


I made a card for my grandma, who has not been well lately. The inside says, "Sending some love to lift you up." I'll have a tutorial next week, showing how I made it.

May your weekend be free of cranksters like me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sally Anns and a Can of Spam

The Beatles' Help! Scarf

Data in Social Science