Shen Yun, Part I: Pizza and Fire-Guys

Last night, Spousal Unit and I went on a date to see Shen Yun. With a trailer like this, we were really excited, and have been since we bought the tickets. Which was in March. That's a long time to sustain such excitement.



We went out to dinner at Gino's on State Street. It's basically Spousal Unit's favorite place ever, and they made us yet another stellar Chicago-style pizza.

After dinner, we headed back to the car (parked across from the fire department) so I could put on fancy shoes for the performance. Across the street at the fire department, we noticed a pink hardhat on the other side of the window that had a smiley face on top. I was about to take a picture when an ambulance pulled up.

"You're going to get run over," Spousal Unit pointed out. I quickly moved, and we were about to go on our way without a picture when...

"You're welcome to come inside, if you'd like!" one of the fire-guys said enthusiatically. "Would you like a tour?"

I explained my desire for photographic evidence of the smiling hat, and the other fire-guy promptly ducked inside, grabbed it, and came back out.

"Want to put it on?"

"Oh, no that's okay-"

"Aw, come on. I'll take a picture."

I couldn't say no to that.


Smiley hat! They were the awesomest fire-guys in the world.

(Side note: Last night was when Spousal Unit realized that his mustache is starting to make him look creepy, even when he's not trying.)


We headed off to the Overture Center for the performance. We couldn't take pictures of the show, but I can tell you about my favorite parts tomorrow! (Hint: One of my favorite parts involved the orchestra and a smoke machine.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sally Anns and a Can of Spam

The Beatles' Help! Scarf

Data in Social Science