Things I Have Done Lately: A Journal in Pictures

I made bread from my new Pillsbury Healthy Baking Book. This particular recipe was for refrigerated yeast dough that can be used in four different recipes. I made herb biscuits. One set, I shaped with my own personal method: roll till they're round.


 The other, I shaped using Julia Child's method: pull extra dough to the bottom, so that the bottom looks a little weird and lumpy, but the top has extra tension. (She explains it better, of course.)


Skip to 51:50 for the segment on creating surface tension for dough.


Among other things, I recently discovered awesome tree roots.


I started a crochet project.


I photographed some flowers.


I photographed some sister.


And I made a card for my niece's birthday.


The swan decal comes from an old book poster that I cut up and saved, knowing Sophia would love a pink swan card when she got older. The "love" bit at the bottom is from a set of stamps. She is now five, which makes me feel way old, but also lucky.

Comments

  1. Awesome to all of it.
    Could you teleport me one of those tasty looking biscuits?
    Lol!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sally Anns and a Can of Spam

The Beatles' Help! Scarf

Data in Social Science