The Neverending Quilt, Part II

Now that Christmas gifts are complete, I've returned to one of my eternal projects for the time being: the Neverending Quilt.


In surprisingly short time, I've managed to sew the first nine squares of this quilt together, resulting in a small blanket about one square yard in size. The squares are uneven, despite my efforts at blocking, and there are still myriad threads lounging about, waiting to be of use. But it's a semi-functional blanket at last.

According to the phrasing on my list of goals, I've completed goal 3 on my list of 25 things to do before I get older. I'm pleased with that, but I'm going to keep working on it. I still have a few more squares to attach.


When I say a few, I mean 18. And I have 22 more to make yet.

At this rate, it will take me another 3 or 4 years to complete The Neverending Quilt. Just when I thought I was starting to get somewhere, the dang thing slaps me in the face.

Some glorious summer, Spousal Unit and I will have a gorgeous, handmade warm-weather blanket. We will be neither too warm nor too cool, and peace shall reign in our little home. But for now, I have another mortal enemy. I swear, that thing is glaring at me as I write this post.

It's trying to thwart me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sally Anns and a Can of Spam

The Beatles' Help! Scarf

Data in Social Science