Mother's Day Means ... Drinking?

Spousal Unit has wanted to make pancakes out on the patio since we moved in. Perhaps a bit strange, yes, but it sounded fun, too, and his unusual creativity is wonderful. So I mixed up the batter and told him to be careful of bird flyovers.


And he made pancakes, which we ate on our patio in the warm sun, surrounded by encroaching greenery that I haven't yet bothered to prune.


After, I went to my cousin's baby shower. It was fun to see lots of family in a more unusual context (a bowling alley).


Brooke and I with our spicy, decadent bloody marys.

The next morning for Mother's Day, we started out with mimosas. Brooke's was a little pale. Neal was disapproving, as usual.


We finished it off with a trip to River Bend Winery. It was good to see Mom so happy.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sally Anns and a Can of Spam

The Beatles' Help! Scarf

Data in Social Science